Bumblebee Goby questions

Cz1989

Hello fellow fish nerds, 

I've got a 30ish gallon planted aquarium that currently houses a handful of endlers. 

My LFS (shoutout to The Fish Room, ABQ,NM) has some Bumblebee Gobys. Have any of you ever kept them before?  Do they thrive in fully freshwater aquariums?  

Thanks in advance!

They thrive with just a pinch of salt. Like the tiniest amount. But they do fine in harder full fresh water. 

They are often billed as ‘brackish’ but only really tolerate brackish to about 1.005-1.007. 

Fun little micro predators that squabble amongst eachother as gobies do. Make sure to feed frozen or live or be prepared to tong feed. They are eyesight predators meaning if it aint moving they usually won’t go for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2023 at 10:12 AM, Biotope Biologist said:

They thrive with just a pinch of salt. Like the tiniest amount. But they do fine in harder full fresh water. 

They are often billed as ‘brackish’ but only really tolerate brackish to about 1.005-1.007. 

Fun little micro predators that squabble amongst eachother as gobies do. Make sure to feed frozen or live or be prepared to tong feed. They are eyesight predators meaning if it aint moving they usually won’t go for it.

I appreciate the feedback!  I do have really hard water. 

Yeah if you have less than hardy plants I would forego the salt. But most hardy species like; anubias, java, vals, all the mosses, will tolerate the pinch of salt

But the endlers also will benefit from a pinch of salty every once in awhile. Marine salt not table salt. It has tons of things plants and animals love like magnesium.