Need help telling if this ick or something else entirely

Kalisian23

I can see something on the fins it's difficult to tell off your picture if it's ich  are the spot white and flat look like grains of salt sprinkled on the fins if so I would treat with ick X and aquarium 1 table spoon for 5 gallons as ich causes massive electrolyte loss and the salt will add back in essential electrolyte @Kalisian23

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 2:31 PM, Kalisian23 said:

My blue powder gourami has this whitish dot on its fin, I believe it's ick but I ain't certain any thoughts would be appreciate.  I'll attach a few photos 

Welcome to the forums. 🙂

Is there anything in the tank that demands 80 degree water?  You might be better with ~78 degrees.  As far as I know only betta, discus, clown loaches, or rams would need to be that warm.

There is some white specs in the water column and I am not sure anything I am seeing on the fish in particular.  Ultimately "white spots" you're seeing might be the pattern of the fish growing in.  It is difficult to tell, and given there is "white grains of something" free floating in the water, using a photo as a visual aid makes it difficult to see it clearly.

If at all possible, can you record a video of the fish and try to give us a better understanding of your concerns?

Typical questions for disease posts: Please give us your full water parameters for everything you can test for (including temperature) as well as your maintenance and feeding regiment.

This area on the fish looks concerning to me, but I am unsure as to what would cause this.

image.png.d5bded4c4ab8333a161d10d9e693e017.png

Here is a picture of a healthy looking fish for comparison.  Genetics do absolutely play a role as well.
Neon Blue Dwarf Gourami

Edited by nabokovfan87
added photos
  • Like 1