Changing your aqua scape around

Jackson

I just changed up my 10g moving plants and cutting back some . The fish don't like it . ☺️ I have more open space now and the tetras don't like it . They use to all hang out more to the center of the tank . Now they hang out in the little forest I created . It's hard now to get them all out for feeding now . Part of this was a plan to see how the fish reacted to more open space as when I remake my tank I had that in mind . Is it normal that it will take fish some time to re adjust just by moving some plants ? I should have 5 fish swimming around to see ..... lol

Edited by Jackson

On 7/25/2023 at 9:39 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

It's difficult to say, but generally speaking it could take a few days for them to be comfortable a bit. I wouldn't overthink it too much!

Ya just observing . Am thinking about removing my tall plants just leaving some java moss for the shrimp . See how it affects the fish behavior .

After a big change, I like to feed some high quality, heavy protein food that fish love, like frozen baby brine shrimp or frozen bloodworms (not the flash frozen stuff, but the stuff you need to thaw or chuck in still frozen) and maybe dim the lights a bit too. 

Sometimes when I move too much stuff I kick a bunch of substate nutrients into the water column and get a nitrate spike, a water change will take care of that. 

But if everyone seems healthy, if a bit shy, I wouldn't worry too much. 

Edited by MattyM
  • Like 1