Ideas For Quarantine If Short On Space?

OfficialThomas

Does anybody have any ideas on how to quarantine new fish if you are short on space? I am 15 and I really can only keep aquariums in my room but I also want to be able to make sure new fish are healthy by quarantining them before adding them to my 20 gallon display tank. Does anybody have a solution? Could I "quarentine" new fish in the display tank and just treat the whole display tank with meds?

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 10:12 PM, OfficialThomas said:

Does anybody have any ideas on how to quarantine new fish if you are short on space? I am 15 and I really can only keep aquariums in my room but I also want to be able to make sure new fish are healthy by quarantining them before adding them to my 20 gallon display tank. Does anybody have a solution? Could I "quarentine" new fish in the display tank and just treat the whole display tank with meds?

Sterilite totes or setup a 10G on the floor temporarily. If you setup the tank on the floor you would want something hard like a wood board or plastic sheet under the tank to prevent the bottom glass from getting stressed. It is a semi-permanent thing, but just try to figure out something where you can lay on the floor or sit on the floor and visually monitor the fish.

On 7/22/2023 at 10:12 PM, OfficialThomas said:

Could I "quarentine" new fish in the display tank and just treat the whole display tank with meds?

If the tank is empty, yes, but if the tank is not empty then it would not be considered QT.

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2023 at 12:55 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Sterilite totes or setup a 10G on the floor temporarily. If you setup the tank on the floor you would want something hard like a wood board under the tank to prevent the bottom glass from getting stressed. It is a semi-permanent thing, but just try to figure out something where you can lay on the floor or sit on the floor and visually monitor the fish.

If the tank is empty, yes, but if the tank is not empty then it would not be considered QT.

Ok! Thank you so much!

• Like 1