Night light color?

Galabar

I enjoy having a night light on my tanks.  This is for me rather than the fish.  With the Fluval Planted 3.0, there is a choice of colors.  I was using blue (1%), but have recently switched to pink (1%).  I have it shut off after 2am (when I'm almost guaranteed to be asleep).

My understanding is that *some* fish can't see red light.  So, it seems like pink might be the better choice.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I love using the green. (Aquasky light)

Between the two, the pink/red makes things in the tank look a bit weird.  Because of that, I tend to use blue if I use that light.

It would be nice to have the choice of what that color is, but just limitations of this version of the light and their LED choice.

On 7/21/2023 at 12:28 AM, Galabar said:

My understanding is that *some* fish can't see red light.  So, it seems like pink might be the better choice.

I've red research papers on how fish eyes work. They can see all the colors.

Keep in mind they are basically designed to be able to see in lowlight conditions.

• Like 1

How many colors on this fluval 3.0 or Aquasky ? I looked at fluvals description and they don't say . Been looking at the hyger but I don't know which is better, if it matters .  . Colors will shine of my black neons real nice .