Aquarium Inline Co2 Atomizer Help!

Monkeypoint

Is anyone familiar with this inline atomizer for running CO2 through a canister filter? When I flipped the switch on my canister filter, the check valve started leaking between the metal and plastic part right in the middle (not from either tube end).  I tightened it and the leaking stopped. Aside from that, does it look like it's properly connected? I watched the Buce video's instructions and the threads were exposed below the nut (the video showed the nut being tightened away from the threads so that it overlapped the end of the tube). I have it hooked up to the CO2 cylinder but I'm nervous about turning it on.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

ACV03.JPG

ACV04.JPG

Edited by Monkeypoint

I am not familiar with it however I did look around for similar products and it appears to be correct. I am assuming that is your output flow from the canaster. If it is not that is the line you want it on. If it is on the intake side (water going in the canaster) it could kill your good bacteria defeating the purpose of having a canaster filter.. 

• Like 1

Email the manufacturer of the diffuser as well. Show them what's going on. It very well could be a defect, but the goal there is to make sure you're able to get proper support from their side.

Looks like a CO2Art one and they have amazing support too.

On 7/3/2023 at 8:49 AM, JimOp said:

I am assuming that is your output flow from the canaster. If it is not that is the line you want it on. If it is on the intake side (water going in the canaster) it could kill your good bacteria defeating the purpose of having a canaster filter.. 

This....

Make sure it's on the right line. Verify per the install videos or paperwork that every little thing is setup right.

On 7/3/2023 at 12:20 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Looks like a CO2Art one and they have amazing support too.

That's a great idea! Will do.

This is a brand new setup (this past weekend new). Fish are still in the well-established 55 gallon tank. The filter media in the canister of the new tank is also new - straight out of the Seachem Matrix bucket. I plan on waiting several weeks before transferring inhabitants of old tank to new, at which point, I'll add the old filter media to the new canister filter. I have an HOB on the old tank as well and I may run it for a while. The bio load, even for the 55 gallon is very low at the moment. I want to get a handle on the CO2 first before thinking about new tankmates.

On 7/3/2023 at 11:49 AM, JimOp said:

If it is not that is the line you want it on. If it is on the intake side (water going in the canaster) it could kill your good bacteria defeating the purpose of having a canaster filter.. 

I cannot tell a lie: before the leaking started, I realized I had flipped the intake/outtake tubes. I'm simply not able to assemble anything without first doing it backwards. If something can be done backwards, I will nail it. If not, I will find a way.

Fortunately, this is a brand new setup. Fish, ect. are still in the old tank.

• Like 1