Easy Root Tabs vs Flourish tabs

pcc

ive never used flourish tabs, but most folks that have issues with the co-op tabs floating just poke holes in them with a pin. as for copper and shrimp, i do not believe .001% is an issue. like most living things, shrimp actually require trace amounts of copper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/1/2023 at 11:22 AM, pcc said:

The flourish tabs don't float but in the fine print they contain a tiny amount of copper .001% which would be bad for shrimp. Any Thoughts?

Shrimp need a little bit of copper, it's often in shrimp food for this reason as well. Seeing it in any fertilizer should not be a concern due to the very, very small dose.

I have used both. I think the flourish tabs, especially the old ones when the co-op used to sell them, were the best you could get. I don't like the gel caps because they tend to hold air. In terms of ease of use, reliability, and my experience with the two products, cost aside, I do prefer the seachem ones.

On 7/1/2023 at 4:20 PM, Pepere said:

Poke a pin on the end of the Co op, pinch the tab between your fingers and relax your hold under water.  The root tab will take in a little water and it will not float anymore.

I understand. I did that. The stuff still will get everywhere and it's not as easy ot an experience as the afformentioned one.

Totally manageable, just not the preference.

I wonder if there's a way to manufacturer in air release holes that let the air out but not the fert powder.