Shrimp color

Jackson

On 5/12/2023 at 2:26 PM, GCH said:

Just saw this little blue / red one . Wondering if the fry from different neocaridina  can come out mottled . Looks like it . I have Blue jellies and bloody mary's .

IMG-0430.jpeg

Neocaridinas can breed with each other but it goes towards wild coloring, not a mixture like this.

This looks like red blue rili to me. Which is the former version of blue jellies. Blue jellies are mainly the clearest version of red blue rilis where there is no more red color.

neo_family_tree.jpg.10b8235e2968d56a114e39c7702ab456.jpg

You can see bloody marys are on a different chart. If you keep the blue jellies and bloodymaries together, very likely your shrimp colony will end up as wild colors after generations

Edited by Lennie
  • Like 2

I have had multiple colors for several years. I get all colors including rilli. I find your shrimp amazing. Even with different colors and patterns I’ve not had any that display both parent colors. 
If they mottled ones breed true you could be into a color all your own. Congratulations 🎉 

• Like 2

On 5/17/2023 at 4:46 PM, Jackson said:

Another shot of the mottled one . Just showed up again today . Gotta get rid of that algae . Will R&R get rid of that ?

IMG-0435.jpeg

very cute lil guy!

Yes it will, however you will have to remove the plants and follow the steps required for RR

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 4:37 PM, Galabar said:

Let us know how the R&R goes. 🙂

Looks like the R&R worked well . Some of the algae is a reddish color on the plant , but should go away within the week . Same redness that was left on my java moss but just went away . Poor plants need to puff back out, but my shrimp jumped back on the plants in a jiffy . Trimmed some of the long roots while out and vac'd the whole planted area and the rest of the tank while at it . There was allot of debris where the plants were . All clean now . I will have to pay closer attention to getting in closer with the vac in the future .