Kribensis baby move

Gamegurl

Howdy gang,

I set up a 10 gallon tank to move my baby Kribensis to.

The baby move went well. Siphoning them out worked like a charm with no injuries or deaths. I started out with the larger siphon attachment but it just wasn't giving me quick suction which was needed in this case. I switched and just used the tube, worked like a charm.
I got all but one and he or she is quite wiley, hiding near Dad.
Speaking of Dad, when I first got him he had a slight split in his tail, I was just admiring how well it had healed yesterday, was nearly perfect.
Key word, was...Poor Dad..
It looks like Mom beat the hell out of him and his tail is really split and missing a chunk. My word, feisty little Mama. I would have thought she'd chill down with the babies removed but I guess all the activity pissed her off. image.gif.efad43a8df3d3733c66e654b8f73c9e4.gifimage.gif.3265c47f2864b319e0f4cee48e8dbf0a.gifimage.gif.8401f8e64349cd414a6293e0eba3ac67.gif
So far I haven't lost any babies and it's looking good.
I will of course keep up on my water tests but I was able to start the tank with one of my seasoned Sponge filters so I don't anticipate any trouble. Fingers crossed
Hope all are well
GG

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 8:51 PM, Gamegurl said:

Howdy gang,

I set up a 10 gallon tank to move my baby Kribensis to.

The baby move went well. Siphoning them out worked like a charm with no injuries or deaths. I started out with the larger siphon attachment but it just wasn't giving me quick suction which was needed in this case. I switched and just used the tube, worked like a charm.
I got all but one and he or she is quite wiley, hiding near Dad.
Speaking of Dad, when I first got him he had a slight split in his tail, I was just admiring how well it had healed yesterday, was nearly perfect.
Key word, was...Poor Dad..
It looks like Mom beat the hell out of him and his tail is really split and missing a chunk. My word, feisty little Mama. I would have thought she'd chill down with the babies removed but I guess all the activity pissed her off. image.gif.efad43a8df3d3733c66e654b8f73c9e4.gifimage.gif.3265c47f2864b319e0f4cee48e8dbf0a.gifimage.gif.8401f8e64349cd414a6293e0eba3ac67.gif
So far I haven't lost any babies and it's looking good.
I will of course keep up on my water tests but I was able to start the tank with one of my seasoned Sponge filters so I don't anticipate any trouble. Fingers crossed
Hope all are well
GG

Happy to hear! Yeah, dwarf cichlid mamas . . . yikes . . .