Very Lethargic Panda Cory

AnubiasLoops

Hi all,

I am concerned about one of my Panda Cory's that went from normal to skittish to very low activity in a short amount of time. Out of the 6 Cory's this one has always been a bit of a loner but has still joined meals w/o issue and has been rooting around independently. They don't raise their dorsal fin anymore and even seem a bit off center. I cannot see anything externally visibly wrong with them.

• Temp - 73-75 °F 
  • pH - 7.2-7.4
  • Ammonia/Nitrites/Nitrates - 0/0/>5ppm
  • Water maintenance - Weekly 25% changes / Filters have significant capacity
  • Other parameters - Softened Well water that I refilter through carbon. No iron, copper, lead, h. sulfide, manganese, mercury, zinc, or fluoride. 0 Sodium Chloride, >20ppm Sodium ions. Low total Alkalinity. Tank TDS is about 300.

I have 5 other pandas and a mystery snail that could not be happier. Or at least are currently unbothered and thriving.

I have not quarantined the cory, nor treated the tank with any medication as of yet.

Events of note, I had a blue-green algae wave that was affecting my tank about a month ago but has since been treated and vanquished by blue-green slime remover. This did not seem to affect any of the other tank mates including the Mystery snail in any negative way but it is the only major change I have done to the tank.

Any advise on next steps to help them is greatly appreciated.

cory20230428_115427.jpg

cory20230428_115446.jpg

• Like 1

Your water parameters look fine It difficult to no for sure what's going on as they no symptoms other then a clamped dorsal fin  what i would do is quarantine this Cory and treat with a low dose of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons that will aid Gill function and add essential electrolytes and do a course of maracyn just in case there's a bacterial component @AnubiasLoops

Edited by Colu

What is your substrate comprised of?

How is your filtration setup? Airstones?

The only guess I have is that the panda may have crashed into the lid trying to gulp air. They also can get spooked and injure themselves on hardscape. What you're describing sounds like an internal issue. Especially if you're seeing the fish unable to sit straight.