Fluval Flex 9 - Aftermarket Lid Options

RichNJ

I have Fluval Flex 9 for our African dwarf frog tanks.  The light just burnt out on us, so am looking to replace.  Other than a replacement OEM version directly from Fluval, anyone have a recommendation for aftermarket clear lids that fit this tank?  Thinking about upgrading the light rather than the light built into the Fluval OEM lid. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 10:30 AM, RichNJ said:

I have Fluval Flex 9 for our African dwarf frog tanks.  The light just burnt out on us, so am looking to replace.  Other than a replacement OEM version directly from Fluval, anyone have a recommendation for aftermarket clear lids that fit this tank?  Thinking about upgrading the light rather than the light built into the Fluval OEM lid. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1308283445/fluval-flex-lid-clear-or-tinted-fits-9?click_key=34c4b051f5c29c20aeb0d76a6ebcb0ec04f0fd2e%3A1308283445&click_sum=5268e7b3&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=flex+hinged+lid+fluval&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&organic_search_click=1&bes=1

this guy makes a lot of mods for the fluval flex

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 9:11 AM, Biotope Biologist said:

I imagine you could get an acrylic or glass sheet cut to the dimensions. For a light they almost all have brackets with plastic screws to mount to the lid. 

This is pecktec's which does have a sheet of glass.

Looks just fine.