Any D&D players?

A3M0N

My wife has a Cricut, I have GIMP and a new hobby! These are free creatures from Printable Heroes, but there are paid versions via Patreon that have backsides as well, these are the same on both sides.

These are on printer paper while I figure out my best process, I'll move to cardstock next. The bases are binder clips with the handles removed. If you follow my aquarium journal you know I like to DIY and am very budget conscious, the same goes for this hobby. 

IMG20230503134020.jpg.17feee44d418b6af7b089a36e24c4846.jpg

The kobolds I'll be using soon, the giant was just for fun to see how the scale looks. 

I've never supported anyone on Patreon, but I just might make this my first. Especially when/if we get group counseling setup in the future. 

• Love 3

If it works, it works!  And the map and figures look great!  Glad to hear you're enjoying the game!  It's very easy to get lost in a story or a battle and not realize that hours have gone by.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yep. We just finished up a DnD 5e module for the Spelljammer setting. DnD in space with magic-powered space ships is a lot of fun. Plus there are space hippos!

On 3/31/2023 at 11:00 AM, Maximus said:

I'm in a curse of strahd campaign right now, lots of fun. 

Definitely not a kid friendly setting, though, but a good module for maybe mid to late teens and older and for somewhat experienced players.

Were you running the 5e version? We finished that up last year and it was great. That time crunch aspect to it that made things really exciting for our party near the end of the campaign. Also learned that Tensor's Floating Disc can be very, very useful when escaping the BBEG's lair with valuable loot.

• Like 2

We finally started Dragons of Stormwreck Isle. My daughter decided to play as well, so I just DMed instead of playing a sidekick too. We had a good time, looking forward to playing more! 

My kids made their own characters instead of using the premade ones with the starter kit. My son made a Dragonborn Paladin, my daughter a Wood Elf Bard. Her backstory involves someone stole her prized violin, I had an NPC tell her he'd give her an idea of where she could start looking for it off the island, my son said, "campaign number 2!" 

• Like 2

On 6/4/2023 at 11:10 AM, neitherman said:

Were you running the 5e version? We finished that up last year and it was great. That time crunch aspect to it that made things really exciting for our party near the end of the campaign. Also learned that Tensor's Floating Disc can be very, very useful when escaping the BBEG's lair with valuable loot.

Yeah, still in it. Level 5 right now and heading towards Yester Hill.