Anubias petite white

Tried it years ago when I was much less experienced than I am now and I’m afraid it didn’t take. I would love to know where you ordered it from so I can try it out as well it’s hard to source where I’m located…as far as your question, I’ve heard it’s no different then other anubias as in don’t bury the rhizome and make sure the roots and water column are well fed with nutrients. Lighting wise I think it’s low to medium, however unless it’s being cooked with light I tend to air on the higher side of medium when I can. If I manage to procure it I’m going to try after research potting it in a layered nutrient rich substrate planted as described above and see if it takes…perhaps someone on the forum with tangible experience will be able to chime in and see if this is the right direction to take. Beautiful plant, hope this helps 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Added to the tank 

image.jpeg.024367e914b5e714d8c2842f9eaf5ea6.jpeg

After an hour 😭 (lights were off and took this shot in night mode)

image.jpeg.9e6ceeaf8f8367b57f35c9ed37c03906.jpeg

Theres a few leaves left that the snails didn’t eat. Hopefully they don’t touch them. I also saw a few new leaves that are white so that’s a good sign. It’s in my tank and is getting medium light levels but without co2. I guess I’ll see in a few days if this plant pulls through 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Edited by knee
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 1:06 PM, Lennie said:

That looks beautiful.

What the duck are these ramshorns doing.

LEAVE IT ALONE

I'm assuming the leaves that they ate were already dead in transport. If that was the case then this plant is EXTREMELY sensitive because it didn't even take a full 48 hours for the plant to reach me. The seller is also located here in socal.

They left 2 or 3 leaves alone and when I looked earlier before leaving work there were still snails on them. I'll see the damages when I get home later and I'm hoping they at least leave the rhizome alone 🙃

On 3/7/2023 at 12:22 AM, knee said:

I'm assuming the leaves that they ate were already dead in transport. If that was the case then this plant is EXTREMELY sensitive because it didn't even take a full 48 hours for the plant to reach me. The seller is also located here in socal.

They left 2 or 3 leaves alone and when I looked earlier before leaving work there were still snails on them. I'll see the damages when I get home later and I'm hoping they at least leave the rhizome alone 🙃

It looks very fragile

I have never seen this plant before. The leaves look a lil transparent in the first picture, which might be due a potential damage due to transportation maybe? Does it have a different texture compared to normal anubias?

Hope you can grow it back. Looks amazing!

Added to my list to steal from your tank, in addition to your pink flamingo crypt!! 😄

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 1:34 PM, Lennie said:

It looks very fragile

I have never seen this plant before. The leaves look a lil transparent in the first picture, which might be due a potential damage due to transportation maybe? Does it have a different texture compared to normal anubias?

Hope you can grow it back. Looks amazing!

Added to my list to steal from your tank, in addition to your pink flamingo crypt!! 😄

The leaves are so soft! I can't put too much pressure on the leaf to feel the texture because I'm afraid of damaging it further. It looks like they were grown in tissue culture as well which makes them even more sensitive 😪

I'll give it a few weeks so I can assess how to take care of it better (if it even makes it for a few weeks). 

On 3/4/2023 at 12:43 PM, knee said:

Has anyone kept this plant? I ordered it for the first time to try it out. 

Any advice or suggestions? 

B56F1037-37DE-489F-AD46-972AF3B427A4.jpeg.ef6ee41ed766b455a0c93e9fa3a906f4.jpeg

It came up as a topic in this video.  I won't spoil it for you but there's a bit of decent advice on how it can turn green on you if it's in the wrong conditions.  It's a fun little video.  The part in particular is at 12 minutes in.

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Thanks 1