Treating with the trifecta

Jackonaut

I want to treat my tank with a combo of the 3 treatments recommended on this site (Maracyn, Ich-X and ParaCleanse. The page on this site specifies the dosing to use when treating with all 3 at once, but it doesn’t say how many days to repeat the treatment. Is it just once or do you do it everyday for a specific number of days? Thanks for your help!

Mardel Maracyn, Aquarium Solutions Ich-X, and Fritz ParaCleanse.

On 3/4/2023 at 12:38 AM, Jackonaut said:

Thank you! Have you done this before?

No I don't treat during quarantine unless I noticed any symptoms I usually just monitor for 4 weeks

Edited by Colu

• Administrators
On 3/3/2023 at 4:11 PM, Jackonaut said:

I want to treat my tank with a combo of the 3 treatments recommended on this site (Maracyn, Ich-X and ParaCleanse. The page on this site specifies the dosing to use when treating with all 3 at once, but it doesn’t say how many days to repeat the treatment. Is it just once or do you do it everyday for a specific number of days? Thanks for your help!

Mardel Maracyn, Aquarium Solutions Ich-X, and Fritz ParaCleanse.

Why do you want to use the trio? Are the fish brand new to you? are they in mass quantity? do you not have a quarantine tank etc? Many people do it cause they hadn't before, that's not a great reason to do it. In a scenario where you want to "clean up your fish" you'd want to do 1 med at a time, and probably only paracleanse , then repeat it 2 weeks later.

On 3/3/2023 at 5:38 PM, Jackonaut said:

Have you done this before?

I have. Many times with great success. Can’t get much better than @Cory himself chiming in and asking the questions he did, but I can tell you that all the fish I’ve quarantined with the med trio have had much better results than the fish I haven’t quarantined.