"It's like in the great stories..." - Aquarium hobby edition

nabokovfan87

I watched this movie today and this scene did exactly what was intended.  It did exactly what it was supposed to.  The depth, the power, the meaning behind the words really sunk in and it was nice to be stuck in that moment. 

I wanted to post it and ask for stories, for requests on how this sentiment relates to something you've been through or seen with the hobby.  Maybe you have a favorite video that is similar in it's epic tale about overcoming a major journey.  Maybe you've spent a few years trying to get a tank dialed in and finally feel that accomplishment when things are just right and you take the photos for competition.

Whatever comes to mind, related to aquariums, let's hear it! 🙂

I had to giggle at the intro and how the fellbeast is my black beard algae issue and frodo is like my tank telling me that gluteraldehyde won't work! (or my amanos talking to me 😂 ).  The most "epic" tale in nature I've heard is from Cory (opening the co-op), one from Jimmy (his betta video), and one from Aquarium Adventures (had a waste pipe break over his rack of tanks).

• Like 4

On 2/26/2023 at 7:48 PM, Fish Folk said:

I am not sure if I can quite answer your question on its terms, but I find over and over in aquatics certain echoes of grander themes.

Let's just say building a classroom for fish study is an epic journey?

I moved 2 tanks, I'm exhausted and waiting for the hobbitses to cook second breakfast. 😂

• Haha 1
  • Love 1