L-333 in from the Amazon

rockfisher

On 2/25/2023 at 8:43 PM, T. Payne said:

Restrictions were once again placed on l046s but I have not heard anything on changes to the status of l333s.

I should research it more. I deal with a few dealers and importers. The one importers that I have gotten the l-333 from was the one that told me. It’s not like there arent breeders here. They just won’t sell females or rarely. Just like I don’t. I have no evidence for this and it’s an observation. If my breeding tank is a few degrees cooler I get more of a balance in sexes. I have spent a lot buying fry and ending up with mostly males. 3 yeayears ago I bought 20 fry 18 lived and 16 were male. I really would not have an issue with them being restricted because you can get them in the states. It’s replacing an adult female. I only have so much to try to grow out females. The L046 probably should be on the list at least as far as the explosion in demand. It takes a long time to get them to breeding age and I have had limit success with small fry numbers. They are beautiful but I’m not sure everyone should have one in there tank. It takes a little skill and willingness to care for them. I think I got a little off topic but thanks for the info.

On 2/26/2023 at 9:59 AM, Johannes said:

I know of cases of suppliers saying this to have an excuse to bump the price up without there being any restrictions on the species, I believe tjat case was l134

Could be, but I deal with this one a lot and I don’t think they are trying to take me. I’ll text him and see if maybe it just their policy. Not to import more. 

On 2/25/2023 at 9:10 PM, Dtolb15 said:

I've also been on the hunt for L133s but haven't heard about that! Guess I better get on them before the price jumps! 

You can get males. Lots of males. For me to get a female I almost always have to have one imported. Now I not have a huge reach but a growing network of breeds and deals I am try to work with. You can buy fry as well. As long as you are looking for a mature female you should not have a problem. Price have been up and down in the past 2 years. They are a little up but I think that’s more cost of shipping and other things than the fish cost. If you have some one in town that breeds them you might be surprised at how little you can get them for. I have a breeding near me that is sell some for $25/ea at about 2 inches

• Like 1