Cat and Kid Friendly Plants I can grow from the Tank water.

Miska

I'd really love ideas. I've tried googling to no avail to find something I really liked.

I did see you can do mint or lemon balm somewhere- but I'd really like experiences.

No animal-unfriendly varieties. My old man kitty is a leaf chomp boi. He is included, as he is just laying on my bed- waiting for vegetation to destroy. 

IMG_7141.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Here are just a few of mine. Any houseplant that can tolerate “wet feet”/ water propagation or no drainage holes in pots will work. 
a few I have 

pothos

peace lily

inchplants

dracaeana

lucky bamboo

anthurium

calathea

syngonium

philodendron 

red mangrove 

snake plant

umbrella plants 

here are some helpful videos 

4ABF2B98-3AD8-4EF3-A5E3-503ECDB1AAEE.jpeg

7221B1BB-EA13-4FA8-BB1F-2B262F014411.jpeg

1384852C-047A-47C7-8585-0A0693B0F12F.jpeg

F688A6C8-590C-4C69-BAC9-D789C63FDD59.jpeg

90B75966-8FE7-417C-B5B6-3BE042E1D970.jpeg

Oh forgot these are the culprit nippers 

BB3BBC4A-E9CB-466B-975E-94F41F55ADF3.jpeg

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Love 3

On 2/21/2023 at 11:37 AM, Lennie said:

@Guppysnail pothos is toxic to cats tho, that was lucky to see no harm. I guess some pothos like goldens are even more toxic if I'm not wrong

Unless they eat the entire plant not really may cause minor irritation and stomach upset. Much of it was covered in the poison pothos post I shared earlier in this thread. 
mine has been chomping it for 15 years. 

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 2

On 2/21/2023 at 7:57 PM, Guppysnail said:

Unless they eat the entire plant not really may cause minor irritation and stomach upset. Much of it was covered in the poison pothos post I shared earlier in this thread. 
mine has been chomping it for 15 years. 

that's an aspect of the toxic part tho. It does not have to be deadly poisonous to be considered toxic. It causing any potential harm whether minor or not still makes them toxic. And pothos may lead in very serious situations in some rare cases, which is better to avoid just in case imo

• Like 2

On 2/21/2023 at 10:37 AM, Lennie said:

@Guppysnail pothos is toxic to cats tho, that was lucky to see no harm. I guess some pothos like goldens are even more toxic if I'm not wrong

There is very little risk from pothos.  If anything a little stomach upset.  I’ve never once had to treat an animal for pothos ingestion in almost 29 years as a vet.  Or for poinsettia ingestion although I’ve made a couple puppies vomit after known significant volume ingestion just to be safe.  I’ve had a couple pets that got significantly irritated mouths from diffenbachia ingestion.

True lilies are an entirely different matter in cats - EXTREMELY toxic to cats.  Even grooming a small amount of pollen off the fur is enough to kill your cat.  Yews and oleanders are highly toxic for outdoor plants.  There are several others, but those are far more likely to cause issues than most house plants.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 2/21/2023 at 4:11 PM, Miska said:

I'd really love ideas. I've tried googling to no avail to find something I really liked.

I did see you can do mint or lemon balm somewhere- but I'd really like experiences.

No animal-unfriendly varieties. My old man kitty is a leaf chomp boi. He is included, as he is just laying on my bed- waiting for vegetation to destroy. 

IMG_7141.jpeg

That cats looking like it’s about to bounce on the camera and eat it like a mouse! 😂

• Haha 1