Wood for baby pleco

smm333

I think you would do just fine with either rhe cholla wood or the Repashy food, or both, for your plecos.  I've used cholla wood and just standard drift wood for my plecos and they have always done just fine.  Between the 2, I have seen them hanging out on the cholla wood a bit more, but I think since it's a little softer and more porus it grows more algee/biofilm on its surface that they like to eat.

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2023 at 5:01 AM, Milliardo Peacecraft said:

I think you would do just fine with either rhe cholla wood or the Repashy food, or both, for your plecos.  I've used cholla wood and just standard drift wood for my plecos and they have always done just fine.  Between the 2, I have seen them hanging out on the cholla wood a bit more, but I think since it's a little softer and more porus it grows more algee/biofilm on its surface that they like to eat.

Good to know about the biofilm on cholla. I have 2 pieces in the tank and it's been in there for quite awhile. 

On 2/19/2023 at 3:11 AM, Colu said:

I Use Manzanita and bogwood with my bristlenose plecos and have used mopani in the past they seem like it all

Good to know. I want to have more than 1 type in mind since I  don't know what the store will have!