super loud air stone??? please help

I had this airstone in my tank forever and it was almost completely silent but now its super loud, not the bubbles popping but the bubbles coming out are making a really loud and annoying sound you can hear it from across the room, I tried cleaning it and using different air pumps with more air or less air and I tried tightening it and loosening it but what ever I do its super loud.

do you know how to fix this or what to do?

the tank is in my room and I want a way to add air to my tank but be able to sleep.

On 2/8/2023 at 2:51 AM, Pepere said:

Is that a Ziss adjustable airstone?  If so have you tried cleaning the felt pads?  And tried adjusting thetension on them?

yes Ive tried both of those and it didn't help.

On 2/8/2023 at 4:17 AM, Andy's Fish Den said:

I've never had an airstone be loud, it is usually the air pump itself and the sounds of the bubbles going in the water. Perhaps the air pump is too much for one airstone, and it is making some noise from back pressure? 

Ive tried multiple pumps and no matter what i did it was still loud.

the air pump is completely silent and the bubbles at the surface are pretty quiet, its the actual airstone making the noise.

In the video I'm using a nano usb air pump so its not too powerful.

Edited by Jacob Hill-Legion Aquatics

On 2/8/2023 at 4:17 AM, Andy's Fish Den said:

I've never had an airstone be loud, it is usually the air pump itself and the sounds of the bubbles going in the water. Perhaps the air pump is too much for one airstone, and it is making some noise from back pressure? 

On 2/8/2023 at 5:29 AM, Pepere said:

Do you have hard water?

yes really hard

After watching the video now, it appeaser to me that it is tightened down quite a bit, I would try loosening the bottom portion up some. you will get larger bubbles. To me, it looks like it is too tight and not allowing much air through. I run these airstones in all my sponge filters along with just sitting in tanks like in the video and even with a USB nano pump, I get a lot more air coming out than what is shown. 

• Like 1