2.5gallon "Corner" shrimp tank journal

alright new journal underway, with a new tank setup. It is a 2.5gallon planted "corner tank" and the plan is to house cherry shrimp (Of multiple colors) and some mini ramshorn snails in it. Here is a picture:shrimptank.jpg.f53446cb4d367536f97cfabfd6575d1b.jpg

the black thing floating in the water is a sponge from my HOB because im still trying to cycle this tank. The only inhabitants are 2 or 3 mini ramshorn snails that snuck in on plants, and i dont feel like taking them out. If you have any tips on cycling it would be appreciated here. i just dont plan on posting here super often, as this is supposed to be a very low maintenance tank.

• Like 4

Update (for no one because this has no followers, i guess its for me): Ive just made a thread to ask about cycling. After swapping out the sponge filter, i have no nitrite just nitrate, i will make the final call on when to add shrimp once i get replies to that thread, but this tank is making good progress

Update: Life! I went to my LFS about an hour ago and got 6cherry shrimp, i know 10 is often the minimum, i could only get 6.

I think 1 of them is a blood mary shrimp and the rest are standard cherries. My LFS doesnt grade them, they are just "Fancy shrimp" at the store

after acclimation ive added them to the tank and they are doing fine, and eating some algae wafer, and crab cuisine i added for them to eat.

shrimp.jpg

• Like 1