White spots on anubias

paigee

So I added plants to my newly started up tank and I’m obviously expecting some leaf death as it adjusts to my water parameters. However, one of my anubias (I bought two only one is doing this) has white spots on the leaves. I ordered and received them Sunday, put it in the tank that night and noticed the spots the next morning. Any ideas? Is this anubias rot? 
4E78BE1C-2CD7-48DE-833F-888E1229E142.jpeg.be17537cb9b8c70429dfb39967ca5129.jpeg

There are some forms of anubias that have a white pattern to them.  Is the leaf itself discolored or is this on the leaf and you can remove it?  It could be from the ceramic media or something and the leaves give it a place to rest.

Either way, it's not anubias rot.  You'd see the rhizome literally rotten / brown.

On 1/18/2023 at 12:01 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

There are some forms of anubias that have a white pattern to them.  Is the leaf itself discolored or is this on the leaf and you can remove it?  It could be from the ceramic media or something and the leaves give it a place to rest.

Either way, it's not anubias rot.  You'd see the rhizome literally rotten / brown.

It’s on the leaf, but I can’t remove it. It feels rough to the touch. Almost like a calcium or hard water build up would, but I don’t think it would happen that quickly. My water isn’t that hard. 

On 1/18/2023 at 10:08 AM, paigee said:

It’s on the leaf, but I can’t remove it. It feels rough to the touch. Almost like a calcium or hard water build up would, but I don’t think it would happen that quickly. My water isn’t that hard. 

Hm... very interesting.  We'll have to see what the minds have to say.

Maybe a rogue superglue ninja went in there and got your anubias.  The leaf in the back is the newest one, looks healthy there.

• Like 1