Youtube's lost it!

Paul Martin

Please, someone verify this...

Just got notice a new AquariumCoop video posted.   I watch most videos with close captions on (weird right), however the video's closed captions are, .. well way off in certain places.

Here's the video, see if you see the same strangeness I see: ("Pancrab farts in my face" )

• Haha 1

I'd wager someone created those subtitles rather purposefully. The auto generated ones are legit.

Googling pancrab is...interesting. Curious what the story here is.

*put on my tin hat*

To go further, it says it was posted 30 minutes ago, yet has comments from a year ago. Seems someone is trolling the old man!

I've noticed the automatic closed captions on YouTube have been weird lately.  One creator I know kept being demonitized because it thought he was swearing too much but he wasn't even saying words that sounded (to a human) like swear words.

• Like 1

Pancrab appears to be a reddit meme regarding a species of crab that looks like a nice stack of pancakes. Which fits the MO of someone who would mess with closed captions. And “farts in face” seems to be a popular gag on youtube. 🤷‍♂️ 

People on the internet are strange but it’s definitely worth a giggle. I assume this is in protest of youtubes new profanity rules.