Local shop closing - only one for 100 miles 😭

TifNee837

I've been working at this small business mom-n-pop petshop , as a sort of 'aquatics go-to person' , since April.
Well..the owners of the shop were unable to find someone that was wanting to take over ownership, and liquidation starts on Tuesday 😭

I have been coming to this petshop for the last 5 years, and was the happiest I've almost ever been when the shop owner hired me on the spot last spring.
It's been my one escape from my ever present anxiety and depression.

I tried and even applied for various grants and loans, trying to keep the shop around. It's already got a very well established customer base, plus there's a groomer with her own well established clientele..it's the only small business shop within almost 100miles.

But.. unfortunately, I have yet to hear back, and the last interested party backed out yesterday.

Show me some planted tanks to lighten this mood?? ☺️

• Sad 3

On 1/14/2023 at 1:18 AM, TifNee837 said:

I've been working at this small business mom-n-pop petshop , as a sort of 'aquatics go-to person' , since April.
Well..the owners of the shop were unable to find someone that was wanting to take over ownership, and liquidation starts on Tuesday 😭

I have been coming to this petshop for the last 5 years, and was the happiest I've almost ever been when the shop owner hired me on the spot last spring.

I tried and even applied for various grants and loans, trying to keep the shop around. It's already got a very well established customer base, plus there's a groomer with her own well established clientele..it's the only small business shop within almost 100miles.

But.. unfortunately, I have yet to hear back, and the last interested party backed out yesterday.

So sorry that’s happened! I can’t imagine how detrimental that is to the hobby round you.

47C9CA94-59EE-49AD-8ADA-29D2B97C539D.jpeg

79ADC7FF-452A-448F-BD65-6C0787FAF4F1.jpeg

• Love 2

I’m sorry to hear that. I’m glad working there brought you some joy while it lasted. Small businesses can be a pillar in the community AND impossible for a family or individual to sustain. My parents ran one and none of their offspring wanted to take it on because it’s awfully hard. Hope you can find something else to bring you cheer!
A9D2EFD0-33F7-4374-B073-3B3E4077EC40.jpeg.4fa24ebf948e7c76c9767949edfbfceb.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m so sorry this is happening! Is there anyway you can try and salvage some of your experience and expertise once it closes? Maybe let people know your still avsitif they have quests? Maybe start a small breeding project? A small aquarium club so people can still network? Idk, just throwing things out there to try and keep the spirit of it going. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 5:48 AM, TifNee837 said:

I am sorry to hear that. :(