My one eyed Krib (a heart warming short story)

KBOzzie59

About 8 weeks ago I did a sizable "re-scape" on my corner 54 gallon.  Mainly moved some plants and gravel vacuumed and area that has never been done.  To do this I removed a large fake rock (boulder), this rock happens to be home to our one eye Krib (he lost an eye due to illness months ago).  Not thinking he may be home sleeping I took the rock out and put it in our aged water tank to keep the bacteria alive.  Got all done, put the rock back and filled the tank back up.  We don't see Grumpy (that's his name) to often as he usually comes out when the lights start dimming.  Welllllllll yesterday was re-fresh/clean the aged-water tank day, I took off the lid and pumped it down to about 4 inches of water.  When I pulled the pump I seen something flash across the tank!  It was a very pale fish, IT WAS GRUMPY!  He was in there for just over 8 weeks, no food, no light, just clean fresh water.  I felt terrible, but he is back home and seems to be just fine.  Yep lesson learned, don't just assume residents vacate when things start moving.

image.png.319d1d47d4cdb93ffd0e148c3c9f280e.png

Grumpy

• Like 5

Sometimes you have a special fish. Sometimes it is because of your history with the fish. Grumpy now has a history and a story that will always make him special. Sometimes you bond with a fish like Cory does with Murphy because Murphy has a personality, a look in the eye that lets you know something is going on in there. I have never felt that with a neon tetra, lovely as they are. Good for Grumpy and his gumption!