Cappuccino snail question

Tactical Error

I’ve had a large cappuccino snail for a few month’s.  Until the last couple of weeks he’s (she? it?) been very active and it’s been a nightly game of where’s Waldo.   Suddenly, a couple of weeks ago, it slowed down- a lot!  It’s gone to or three days without moving, to the point where I’m about to fish it out, thinking it died, but when I go to do it, it’s moved to a new location in the tank.    Do they have dormant periods?  Suddenly last night, it moved the most it’s moved in days, but today it hasn’t moved at all.    Any thoughts?

Snails can be tricksey.

I would put on some snail as specific food (blanched veg or algae wafer).  And see if that triggers movement from the snail if not pull and sniff/poke fot signs of life.

I have an empty ranshorn snail shall in my main community tank that gives the impression of constant movement around my tank but it's very very dead so if in doubt lift and look

Ammonia - 0, nitrite - 0, and nitrate - 10ish.   

I know it’s not dead, because at the moment it’s stuck on the front glass and I can see it’s mouth moving.   It’s just the weirdest darn thing!   This is the first time I’ve seen it on the glass in probably two weeks.