My newer tank had brown algae I think!!

Cat23

Can someone give me advice if this is brown algae and if so how do I kill it?  I have a 10 gallan tank with a fluval 3.0 see settings in pic.  I have a sponge filter also.  I've been adding easy green two days a week and CO2 everyday for my tank size. I've had it up and running about 4 months. Should my light be brighter? I've read so much and everyone says something different or the info is for a bigger tank. I have red cherry shrimp some neon tetras and some guppies and live plants so I don't want to kill anything but the brown ugly stuff.

16726974046923903189574965749439.jpg

16726974481555139060328404201804.jpg

16726975865013148665467230627326.jpg

16726976241431789866899243471627.jpg

Screenshot_20230102-161413_FluvalSmart.jpg

Nice looking tank, brown algae is totally normal for a newish aquarium. It should go away with time but manual removal will help things along. It looks like you have a very long lighting period. Even though it’s low intensity I feel like you’ve giving your tank a bit to much light. Your  plants generally look good so I’d probably start by cutting a few hours from the lighting period. There is a thread on the forum for programming the Fluval 3.0, you might get some good tips there. 

Edited by Patrick_G
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2023 at 7:17 PM, Patrick_G said:

Nice looking tank, brown algae is totally normal for a newish aquarium. It should go away with time but manual removal will help things along. It looks like you have a very long lighting period. Even though it’s low intensity I feel like you’ve giving your tank a bit to much light. Your  plants generally look good so I’d probably start by cutting a few hours from the lighting period. There is a thread on the forum for programming the Fluval 3.0, you might get some good tips there. 

Thanks I've worked hard on my tank lost a couple of plant's along the way unfortunately so I was told to try this light but its pretty intimidating I don't want to fry anything with the light power or have it to low that things die.  I read the forum and there are lots of good information in it.  I'm gonna try one of the lights examples tonight and see what happens in the next couple of weeks. I love the comments to keep a plant light journal its a great idea.