01.23 - 4 Breeder Vids for your New Year

Fish Folk

From my “micro-brewery-fish-breeder” basement to you, Happy New Year! Here are four breeder videos for you…

#1. Rainbow Shiners Growing Out. Two batches. Oldest / largest should begin coloring up by July, 2023. No heater. Easy to feed. Zero aggression. One of the most beautiful fish once mature. US Natives. 60 sec. video…

#2. Changing water on an endangered species tank. Xenotoca doadrioi are Redtail Goodeids. Fairly common in the hobby, their native habitat in Mexico has dwindled to very small pools. These are a CARES Species, and most BAP will prioritize reproduction of these fish. 60 sec. video…

#3. Shipping fish seems daunting to a lot of fish keepers — even breeders. Here is a very brief summary of how I do it. Shipping off 6x female guppies today. 4 min video…

#4. Another US Native I’m breeding are Mountain Redbelly Dace. Here, I show the breeding adults, egg hatching tank, fry-Growout tank, and juvenile reserve batch. 5:30 min video…

Happy New Year! Best wishes to you and your fishes…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 1/2/2023 at 7:02 AM, Fish Folk said:

#3. Shipping fish seems daunting to a lot of fish keepers — even breeders. Here is a very brief summary of how I do it. Shipping off 6x female guppies today. 4 min video…

The best part was "First, coffee, that's essential"  (Nods in agreement)

Might be wrong, but I'll just say it like it know what I'm looking at 😂

How are you enjoying the aqueon HoBs?  (edit, I totally had to go back and see more of your setup in this thread!)

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 12:49 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

The best part was "First, coffee, that's essential"  (Nods in agreement)

Might be wrong, but I'll just say it like it know what I'm looking at 😂

How are you enjoying the aqueon HoBs?  (edit, I totally had to go back and see more of your setup in this thread!)

We just jammed those HOBs full of Pothos and fuggeddaboudit! 😂

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 8:32 PM, Fish Folk said:

From my “micro-brewery-fish-breeder” basement to you, Happy New Year! Here are four breeder videos for you…

#1. Rainbow Shiners Growing Out. Two batches. Oldest / largest should begin coloring up by July, 2023. No heater. Easy to feed. Zero aggression. One of the most beautiful fish once mature. US Natives. 60 sec. video…

#2. Changing water on an endangered species tank. Xenotoca doadrioi are Redtail Goodeids. Fairly common in the hobby, their native habitat in Mexico has dwindled to very small pools. These are a CARES Species, and most BAP will prioritize reproduction of these fish. 60 sec. video…

#4. Another US Native I’m breeding are Mountain Redbelly Dace. Here, I show the breeding adults, egg hatching tank, fry-Growout tank, and juvenile reserve batch. 5:30 min video…

Happy New Year! Best wishes to you and your fishes…

I love them. Happy new year to you and to your family :)

• Thanks 1