Anubias turning white

• 4 weeks later...

I had similar algae on my biggest anubias and some BBA kind of over the top of it.  I can tell you that heavy handed hydrogen peroxide will kill the leaves pretty well.  😞

It's amazing how well the stuff can adhere to the leaves.  It didn't kill the plant, but I pulled it down away from the light and hoping it recovers over time.  It sent a new leaf here a few days ago finally.  If you can figure out how to free that stuff up I'd love to know how. 

On 1/19/2023 at 10:36 AM, MattyM said:

My Crispus just threw up a flower like that! 

That’s what this is. An Aponogeton Crispus. The one on the front left in this photo.

D44030BB-ED46-45C5-BEE2-EA1C656FFF53.jpeg

On 1/19/2023 at 10:54 AM, jwcarlson said:

I had similar algae on my biggest anubias

The green spot algae is tough. It cannot be scraped off, and reverse respiration (seltzer soak) didn’t seem to affect it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mmm, that's not A. crispus in the front left. I see what might be a crispus leaf in the back right-ish though. A. crispus has pointed leaves, the front left looks like A. ulvaceus, though it's worth noting that most, if not all, Aponogetons in the hobby are heavily hybridized.

Your Anubias has been experiencing a long-running phosphate deficiency. I've personally never seen GSA without phosphate deficiencies. Common with Easy Green, it's quite low in phosphorus. Leave it long enough and the rhizome will decay, that's the plant consuming its storage because it's not getting what it needs from the water column.

• Thanks 1