CO2 Question

John Lee

Hello all, I just saw a CO2 video that Cory did about 4 years ago so I think I have already had this question answered. I am new to CO2 and wanted to make sure I'm not missing something. I am converting my reef tank(55gal) with sump(11gal) to a freshwater aquascape. I want to start it off with a CO2 system. Instead of hanging it off the side of the tank, I want to place the diffuser underneath the tank in the sump in the same compartment as the pump(approx. 250gph).  Should this be ok?

Thank you

On 12/17/2022 at 10:52 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Queued up, but here is the latest of Cory setting up CO2.  There's a ton of good videos.  The CO2 art videos are a resource I use also.

@Mmiller2001 what is better, in the sump or in-line diffuser?

It really comes down to how well it's distributed throughout the tank. But if you are running it in the sump,.the return chamber is the best position.

Edited by Mmiller2001
  • Like 1

Excellent video. I think the sump will be my best approach for CO2, fertilization and dosing, etc. Currently with salt and unless I am vacuuming sand, the sump is where I do my water changes. I am still debating on whether to keep my ATO which replaces evaporated water with RO water but that will require manual dosing but I don't think I need to add that to my plate yet. Once I get the tank leveled out maybe I will add it back. Thank you both for you input. 

• Like 1