New Cory Genetics?

Cinnebuns

A little over a year ago I got 9 panda cories.  If I remember correctly it was 3 or 4 females and 5 or 6 males. Since then I have hatched and raised dozens of beautiful fry. At what point should I consider adding in different genetics?  I know cories sexually mature much much slower than a fish like a guppy so I probably have some time but I want to prepare. Some of my babies will start to become sexually mature. Maybe I will be fine with the number I started with to never add in new genetics?

If you're interested and have room for them, we can figure out a way to get the panda horde to you.  I think it's 12-15 strong right now.

The genetics you have should be enough for a while, but you'd basically find someone who wants them, sell off half, then add that amount to get back up to par.

A lot of breeders will trade a few between for the sake of genetics also. 

Edited by nabokovfan87

On 12/17/2022 at 11:55 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

If you're interested and have room for them, we can figure out a way to get the panda horde to you.  I think it's 12-15 strong right now.

The genetics you have should be enough for a while, but you'd basically find someone who wants them, sell off half, then add that amount to get back up to par.

A lot of breeders will trade a few between for the sake of genetics also. 

I have a cool line going that I'm loving right now minus one trait that I have an emotional attachment keeping me from culling out the one passing it on. Getting some really nice long fins and a good number of high fins. 

I'm starting to realize I probably don't need to add genetics just yet but was just getting too anxious about it. I tend to do that haha. I never expected to enjoy breeding the cories this much but it's kinda become my main thing. Makes me tempted to start a 2nd type too. I'm really in love with similis but 1. They are expensive and 2. They can cross with pandas.