Ich?

Hally M.

treat with ick x for 3 days after you see the last spots gradually increase the temperature to 82 that will speed up the life cycle and add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons that will add essential electrolytes as ich causes massive electrolyte loss @Hally M.

I just dealt with this recently, caught it pretty early.  Same situation as you.  Spots showed up on one of my Molly's fins, went to do some research, and in that time I started seeing spots showing up on other fish.  Had to treat the whole tank.  It really does spread and build that fast.

I took out the carbon filter first since they say it can absorb the medication, then treated the tank with the Ich-X.  Tossed some Aquarium Salt on the first day to help out the affected fish.  Everyday after that as long as I saw spots, I did a 30% water change and re-dosed with the Ich-X.  It cleared up within 3 days, but I continued to dose an extra 2 just to be safe.  Put in a clean filter, and all the fish have been good since!

Granted, I now have some algae build-up from the lack of proper filtration for a week, but that's a far easier problem to deal with than the damn Ich.  

Thankfully there hasn’t been an outbreak in any of the other tanks and My Pleco is much better now. It’s so worrisome when a tank has an issue. I share equipment with all 7 of my tanks so I never know wether or not I should just buy them all their individual siphons and buckets nets Etc.