Returning

pseudomugil

Hello, all,

Returning to the forum after a brief two year hiatus. Of the forums I have participated in, I find this one to be filled with great threads, projects, and members.

I’ve been keeping aquariums for a little over a decade now. Originally, I started with South American cichlids and catfishes then moved into planted tanks. Now, I tend to focus on some combination of biotope, natural planted, low tech, and/or pond. 

Currently, I am keeping a small group of Pseudomugil luminatus, the remnants of a colony breeding project. I am also trying my hand at a group of swordtails.

I am including some photos of a previous 75 Gallon setup and a vivarium I built, will upload some recent photos soon.

42667D9A-757D-4FD6-B80A-B0287CFC9581.jpeg

410FD273-5DFE-4C43-964D-6ACAAD5C76E7.jpeg

3D53A2AB-D217-4B65-90DD-1005F5399CEB.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

On 12/3/2022 at 11:35 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Welcome back, the vivarium! I need one of these for an herb garden.  (I have a 75G I might use that's perfect for it (hopefully)

What plants are those on the vertical sides of the tank? I am assuming into cork wood?

This vivarium is 36”x18”x16”. I doubt you are thinking about going vertical with the 75G for your herbs, but I have definitely considered a 4’ vertical vivarium.

The plants are all smaller species of Neoregelia bromeliads, and yes, mounted to cork.

On 12/4/2022 at 12:40 AM, Schuyler said:

Welcome!

Pseudomugil luminatus are so cool looking. Are they difficult to breed?

Thanks, Schuyler!

I don’t find them to be. I originally started a colony in a 10G with a spawning mop and lots of plant cover.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 12/4/2022 at 1:26 PM, Minanora said:

Welcome back to the hobby! Your prior projects are really cool! I look forward to reading about your adventures!

Swordtails are one of my favorites, what variety are you working with?

Thanks. I hope to be posting about my current tank soon.

I have green’s right now, 1:3, that just threw about 30+ fry.

• Love 1