algae question

has anyone seen green hair algae turn to stag horn algae??

just curious, I have a fairly new java fern windelov had it in tub with some other plants, when came time to use it i took out of tub with no algae of any kind. Once in display tank with some anubias, bacopa ,and some other plants, I began seeing green hair algea. spot trated with some excel some of it died back etc. Pulled off what i could then spot treated with H2O2, almost all the algae died off, in a day or so. then i decided to let the tank do its thing, anyway within a week hair algae gone, now all see is stag horn on every leave thats now almost all gone with out doing any thing on my part

Just wondering if anyone has seen that, and seen it happen almost overnight (the stag popping up so quickly after the hair algae was gone (all other plants were unaffected

THANKS TO YOU ALL

have a great thanksgiving

On 11/22/2022 at 5:32 PM, glenn anthony said:

has anyone seen green hair algae turn to stag horn algae??

just curious, I have a fairly new java fern windelov had it in tub with some other plants, when came time to use it i took out of tub with no algae of any kind. Once in display tank with some anubias, bacopa ,and some other plants, I began seeing green hair algea. spot trated with some excel some of it died back etc. Pulled off what i could then spot treated with H2O2, almost all the algae died off, in a day or so. then i decided to let the tank do its thing, anyway within a week hair algae gone, now all see is stag horn on every leave thats now almost all gone with out doing any thing on my part

Just wondering if anyone has seen that, and seen it happen almost overnight (the stag popping up so quickly after the hair algae was gone (all other plants were unaffected

THANKS TO YOU ALL

have a great thanksgiving

@nabokovfan87 has been doing some algae experiments lately, maybe he’s seen something like this?

sorry it solved itself, just thought it was odd that as soon as the hair algea died within 24-36 hrs began growing the stag horn (that was my 1st time with stag-horn) plant it was on suffered a minor set back, it was somewhat stunted and pretty much melted away  but soon popped back to life and is now making little j fern windelovs  something with my water, ferts, etc but can grow normal java ferns but some of my JFWs its hit or miss???🤔   

sorry i have no photos as this happened almost a month ago, I was more curious about the speed in which the said stag horn took over within 36hrs or less after the hair algae died off and only on that JFW, (only thing different was that was the only taller plant almost directly under HOB..... too much oxygenation? (if thats even possible) low/medium light no CO2  first encounter with stag horn,,, one weird form of algae 

Well thanks for the reply i,ve had almost all forms of algae in one tank or another but never BBA or stag

hoping you had a great thanksgiving and a good week

Yeah, I do believe that 100% 

plant was in tub for 2 weeks with about 4-5 other plants zero algae (well unless you call that dark/blackish algae/bio-film that often gets on the leaves of anibias and other slow growing plants but i just rub that away with my fingers (but now that you say that maybe since I half cheated and did use h2o2 as a spot treatment, the hair algae died back some possibly causing a bit of ammonia?? then once it died back completly it quickly just changed algae form??

just a wierd thing as i said it only being that one plant and the quickness in which the the stag appeared

Thanks for the reply hope you have a good weekend