Hello from the Great White North

I've been on the site for a few weeks and finally thought it might be a good idea to do this.  In Canada and have had aquariums since I was a kid back in the late 70s (though my dad had some prior to that).  Have had many tanks over the years, including large and small. Have bred fish and kept live plants.  Now down to a nano tank (due to physical limitations).  It started as a Betta tank (with some snails) but now, as the Betta sadly passed away in September has become a shrimp tank, which is quite heavily planted (though some plants still in the growing stages).

So hello everyone.

• Like 2

@Hally M.  Have had the crypts since June and they are slowly coming along.  They add a nice colour variation.  They're still quite small, though one has already reproduced twice!  I use root tabs.  Slow and steady wins the race, I guess.  🙂

@Hally M. Just to add that I ordered my crypts online.  I currently live in an area that's "underserviced".  There are only Big Box places, which have driven all of the LFSs out of business sadly.

On 10/25/2022 at 5:59 PM, The Arthritic Aquarist said:

I've been on the site for a few weeks and finally thought it might be a good idea to do this.  In Canada and have had aquariums since I was a kid back in the late 70s (though my dad had some prior to that).  Have had many tanks over the years, including large and small. Have bred fish and kept live plants.  Now down to a nano tank (due to physical limitations).  It started as a Betta tank (with some snails) but now, as the Betta sadly passed away in September has become a shrimp tank, which is quite heavily planted (though some plants still in the growing stages).

So hello everyone.

Welcome to the forum!

• Thanks 1