Ich or Epistylis?

SimplySwimming

Hey all, I am new here. My beautiful, personable, and sassy Goldfish Selah is infected with something. I believed it to be ich. However since beginning treatment, Selah’s illness has gotten worse in appearance and she is loosing weight, she looks so skinny… her white spots were tiny when I bang treatment and the were in uniform parts of her body. Now they have displaced all over her body and have become larger in certain areas. I am using Super Ick Cure (API) and she is lethargic and just isn’t doing well. If anyone can help it will be appreciated. Recommendations are welcome. I hope these pictures help us. Thank you. 

A18F7B31-CF73-4D87-9D11-ACB4843F0ECE.jpeg

31F1F7FD-CF8B-4832-A197-D6B21BA8CEC6.jpeg

@TheSwissAquarist Hi, thank you so much. I am worried sick about my baby girl. Can you point me in a direction as to what medication I need to be looking for? Again, thank you for responding to me. I have been asking for help on Facebook in aquarium keeping groups and no one will respond to me. I hope you receive a beautiful blessing for your kindness. 

On 10/23/2022 at 8:27 AM, SimplySwimming said:

@TheSwissAquarist Hi, thank you so much. I am worried sick about my baby girl. Can you point me in a direction as to what medication I need to be looking for? Again, thank you for responding to me. I have been asking for help on Facebook in aquarium keeping groups and no one will respond to me. I hope you receive a beautiful blessing for your kindness. 

I use a variety of fish meds which do not work in the slightest over here in Europe, but I’m told that Ich-X and Maracyn are supposed to give good results.

Looks like Epistylis the most effective treatment is kanaplex in food feeding a small amount twice a day for 7 days as epistylis feed's off the gram negative bacteria on your fish and spreads more quickly at higher temperatures and I would add aquarium salt 1 table for 1 gallon as well as it will add essential electrolytes in conjunction with kanaplex is good treatment for Epistylis  the weight loss Could be caused by wasting disease so I would follow up with a course of Fritz Expel p after you have finished treatment for Epistylis @SimplySwimming

IMG_20220714_201326.jpg

On 10/23/2022 at 12:08 PM, Colu said:

Looks like Epistylis the most effective treatment is kanaplex in food feeding a small amount twice a day for 7 days as epistylis feed's off the gram negative bacteria on your fish and spreads more quickly at higher temperatures and I would add aquarium salt 1 table for 1 gallon as well as it will add essential electrolytes in conjunction with kanaplex is good treatment for Epistylis  the weight loss Could be caused by wasting disease so I would follow up with a course of Fritz Expel p after you have finished treatment for Epistylis @SimplySwimming

IMG_20220714_201326.jpg

Thanks! I hope you don’t mind me tagging you on things like this?

@TheSwissAquarist @Colu well, after a long day my baby girl waited for me to come home to say Goodbye to me. She is now swimming in the sky. Epistylis is a nasty thing. I wasted at least two days prior to posting this treating for ich. I am pretty sure I have got to throw out all plants, rocks, everything. Maybe this hobby is not for me. As bad as I want it to be. As bad as I dream of keeping a room full of perfect aquariums I just don’t think it is meant for me. May Selah rest in the upmost peace. She was the best fish I ever had…  I will be keeping this thread up in case someone else needs help, thank you both for your help. 

0DC7B295-E13D-4DC8-986D-B8FACF5EFE47.jpeg

• Sad 1

What I would do is sterilize the aquarium with a 3 % hydrogen peroxide solution after 24hr it break's down into H20 and oxygen to can add directly to the tank leaving the fliter running to circulate the hydrogen peroxide solution around the tank  then I wouldn't add fish to that tank for a couple of weeks I wouldn't throw out your plants and rocks just leave them in the tank with the hydrogen peroxide solution @SimplySwimming