Blue fish for a nano tank?

Manchineel

I am currently cycling this 30 gallon tank and I plan to put in CPD and Venezuelan corydora. I wanted to get something blue swimming around in there for a nice contrast and looking for some ideas.

My first thought was a dwarf neon or powder blue (female) gourami since they have small mouths, but the CPDs are so small I am still worried about them. My plants also have a long way to go before they can really provide adequate cover.

Second Idea was looking into if my fish store could order some blue mollies and throw 1 male with 4 female.

Blue dream shrimp were briefly considered, but I would rather not crowd the bottom of my tank.

20221022_084840.jpg

Powder Blue Gourami (females are more docile) are great fish, but they might prove problematic if you want to keep shrimp (besides amanos). The same goes for bettas.

Guppies come in all sorts of colors. I have a male in my tank with a deep dark blue tail, and the fish store I was in yesterday had an amazing strain with long, light blue fins.
1620930671_GuppyLightBlue.jpg.d2297eb47c626acbbdaae496c8f97085.jpg

Neon tetras would give that blue but with some red in there,
1467727473_NeonTetra.jpg.0552e1dc51438e3dd60c249d738d3c41.jpg

...but green neon tetras would be more blue.

image.jpeg.8b99633f12c321f1ddf9fa7b76e26518.jpeg

• Like 1

I don't really want to add shrimp into this tank, I was just worried about fish on fish violence. I don't really want to get a bunch of another small fish either, I thought about guppies but I don't know how I could control their numbers, seems like nothing would really eat their fry.