What is your favourite fish combination for a co

NofishB4

My friend  recently got a 55 (I’m so jealous) and is completely open to what to stock it with.  It will be planted and will have mystery snails.   The substrate will be black diamond blasting sand.  

She would like a peaceful community.   What has been your favourite combination of fish and why?   Pictures encouraged if you have them

Corydoras of course! 
Then maybe a school of Rummy nose tetras, some Cardinal tetras and then some fancy Guppies to fill in the top. 

I’m always tempted to suggest the stocking I have because I like lots of color. It’s Green neon tetras, Marigold swordtails and Cherry Barbs. Cleaning crew is a bunch of Otocinclus and Panda corydoras. 
D722B676-A350-45D2-8FEF-6C66ABF1E101.jpeg.5a864c3449d8a84648f8fcd9a37873e6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 4

On 10/19/2022 at 4:30 PM, Patrick_G said:

Corydoras of course! 
Then maybe a school of Rummy nose tetras, some Cardinal tetras and then some fancy Guppies to fill in the top. 

I’m always tempted to suggest the stocking I have because I like lots of color. It’s Green neon tetras, Marigold swordtails and Cherry Barbs. Cleaning crew is a bunch of Otocinclus and Panda corydoras. 
D722B676-A350-45D2-8FEF-6C66ABF1E101.jpeg.5a864c3449d8a84648f8fcd9a37873e6.jpeg

That is gorgeous!!!  I love it. I don’t think she’s ready to try her hand at CO2 yet but wow. What size is your tank?  Any aggression from the swords?

image.jpg.8a3a95648dd12f057b2d3f1af26f61a4.jpgCan you share how hard the water will be? I really enjoy the hardiness, colors, and antics of Hi Fin Variatus Platy, but they prefer high PH. 

Kutubu (turquoise) Rainbowfish are also very hardy and gorgeous and would look great in a 55, also hard water. image.jpg.7b7d24b709e84a5b8d9789b4bd2b79ba.jpg

Edited by B7gwap
  • Like 1

They are both gorgeous!  Our water is 8. But it’s not overly hard. Embers, cardinals and rummynose all thrive in my tank but I killed every livebearer I’ve had. That being said my neighbour runs crushed coral in his tanks and they are all amazing there. I’ll look into rainbows (you are the 2nd to suggest them)