Betta lovers come if want to talk or need help!

Zzsharks

I originally disliked them as they always looked so gaudy, and the idea of keeping a fish by themselves in a tiny bowl never appealed to me.

Than I learned how they are SUPPOSED to be cared for and the more natural/wild type varieties. Then fell in love with the 'Alien' type - been looking for a few months for a pair of blue/turquoise, or maybe silver for a tank I have just waiting for them.

Looking forward to getting them eventually, and maybe try my hd at breeding them - I know that they being hybrids means they have a very low chance of being viable, but damn if I wont try!

also I put them next to some or the tank mates I want to see there reaction.

On 10/12/2022 at 9:59 AM, Luciferkrist said:

I originally disliked them as they always looked so gaudy, and the idea of keeping a fish by themselves in a tiny bowl never appealed to me.

Than I learned how they are SUPPOSED to be cared for and the more natural/wild type varieties. Then fell in love with the 'Alien' type - been looking for a few months for a pair of blue/turquoise, or maybe silver for a tank I have just waiting for them.

Looking forward to getting them eventually, and maybe try my hd at breeding them - I know that they being hybrids means they have a very low chance of being viable, but damn if I wont try!

If you want an alien betta I recommend you look at aquahuna and keepfishkeeping.com I have ordered from both of them and received healthy good looking bettas hat I still have two this day ( and the last time I ordered form them was about 7 years.But I like going to the store better.)

On 10/12/2022 at 8:59 PM, Sultrysamurai said:

What’s your advice on least aggressive type of betta? I know you have to be careful selecting tank mates regardless, but curious if your experience has shown one kind to be more aggressive then another. 

Personally I've found it to be more gender than type- Females have been IME less aggressive than the males. This isn't always true- but the vast majority of the time I've had luck with that. 

• Thanks 1