Bacopa caroliniana , no substrate how to fix the plant

DudePT

Those are water column feeders, so substrate isn’t necessary as long as you’re using fertilizer.  By the way, sand is substrate, just not a “planted tank” substrate.  I have heavy clay dirt under sand in most of my tanks and most of my plants do quite well with Easy Green and root tabs.  I also have a tank where I did that plus added large pebbles to the pots to prevent my big Jack Dempseys from uprooting everything.  It only has “tough” plants in that tank, of course.

Edited by Odd Duck
Add more info.
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2022 at 12:19 PM, DudePT said:

i have afraid that will take loose, can i get some tiny dragon rock and attach its okay ?

You could always put a small piece of plant weight at the bottom of the stems.  I’ve also read somebody on here (I can’t remember who) was putting stems through a small glass bead to anchor the plants.

I saved this link at the time since they looked similar to the beads that were shown when that thread was active.  I can’t remember now if they were keeping the stems down with the beads or using them to create bunches only when they sold them to their local fish store.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L3Q2Q3K/?coliid=IOOTMPDY3JVW3&colid=32BAOSWO66X2D&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

• Like 1