Which Aquascape?

Cinnebuns

So I'm finally working on my first aquascape unless you count the one I did kinda randomly before this. I have been playing around both out and inside the tank. I've settled between these 2 options for the tree and dragon stone. Which do you like better?  Notice I did move the amazon sword behind them for each. All other plants are still being fully determined. I'm also including 2 pics of the 2nd design. One I moved stuff forward more to avoid the tree being under the filter outflow but then I'm concerned about the front rock being too close to the glass and fish possibly getting stuck. 

Any suggestions on plants is welcome. Some ideas I have are cabomba, crypt pink flamingo, maybe some Java fern. Possibly some ludwigia super red I'm not sure. I believe my light would be classified as medium. 

20220930_171807.jpg

20220930_171027.jpg

20220930_171301.jpg

• Like 1

Can the rocks be placed more upgright / vertical or do they not have the base to support that weight in that direction. 

I like the rocks in the first one, plants in the second one.

That sword is pretty beefy and tall. I think it might do well in one of the corners of the back of the tank.  It's sort of difficult to see everything, I just mean it's probably easier in person to see it and position things around.  I would get the rocks settled, get your big plants placed, and then decide placement for everything else.

Edited by nabokovfan87
clarity

On 9/30/2022 at 8:40 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

plants in the second one.

What exactly do you mean by this?  The plants aside from the anubias on the tree and the amazon sword are just randomly placed around for now. I maybe shouldn't have included them in the pics tbh. 

On 9/30/2022 at 8:40 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

That sword is pretty beefy and tall

Funny enough this is the worst it's ever looked lol. It used to be insanely full and lush with leaves that were very green and strong. I dealt with a lot of algae on it and it's coming back now. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 7:20 PM, Cinnebuns said:

What exactly do you mean by this?  The plants aside from the anubias on the tree and the amazon sword are just randomly placed around for now. I maybe shouldn't have included them in the pics tbh. 

The sword on the left, the bushy thing on the right. No idea what it is. But the tree is similar in color to the rock, I like it as a piece with those rocks.

On 9/30/2022 at 9:55 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

the bushy thing on the right.

Oh! Maybe you mean the anubias that's glued onto the tree! It does kinda look funny in the pic since it's not full yet. I don't have enough anubias to fill it all out yet so it kinda looks disjointed. 

• Haha 1

It'll look good and be a good centerpiece when it's filled.  That + rocks is your triangle of sorts for the "aquascaping gurus" out there.  I just make it so I like it and don't follow generally any normal guidelines or golden ratios. 

To me, aesthetically, that texture of the "tree" fits those rocks.  Whether it's inbetween them, behind them, etc.