Andy’s Fish Den Member Interview

Odd Duck

@Andy's Fish Den You’re being interviewed!

1.) Favourite fish?

2.) Least favourite fish?

3.) Favourite fish YouTuber?

4.) Favourite non-fish YouTuber?

5.) Favourite food?

6.) What fish would you like to be the most?

7.) What was your scariest moment?

8.) What country do you want to visit the most?

9.) Cats or dogs?

10) Describe yourself in 3 words.

11) Pancakes or Waffles?

12) What is your favorite song?

13) What do you dislike most about the aquarium hobby, and why?

14) What is your favorite TV show?

15) What is your greatest fear?

16) What is or was your favorite subject in school, and why?

17) Do you keep live aquarium plants? If so, what types?

18) Do you love or hate pest snails?

19) Do you enjoy gardening?

20) What do you love most about the aquarium hobby?

21) What was the biggest mistake you've made so far in the hobby, and what has it taught you?

22) Burgers or Pizza?

23) What is your favorite aquatic animal?

24) What is your dream tank or something you want to accomplish in this hobby?

25) Favorite candy?

26) What is your favorite book?

27) What other things do you do for fun outside of the hobby?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1.) Favourite fish?  My favorite has always been angelfish, they were the first tropical fish I got and the subsequently spawned and raised the fry when I was 12.

2.) Least favourite fish? any of the ones that have been mutated through breeding to try to appeal to customers to sell, such as balloon body fish, tattooed or dyed fish

3.) Favourite fish YouTuber? Cory, became a subscriber when he was under 10k subs. I also have really enjoyed watching MD fish tanks, Bentley, Prime Time

4.) Favourite non-fish YouTuber? 10th Generation Dairyman, I have always enjoyed the rural farm life, so enjoy watching about his dairy farm. I also watch  lot of cooking channels, Cowboy Kent Rollin is my fave of those.

5.) Favourite food? a nice thick cut ribeye steak cooked over wood fire. 

6.) What fish would you like to be the most? I feel like I would be one of those anglerfish that just lies and waits for a meal to swim past and then BAM! got a meal!

7.) What was your scariest moment? I used to help some guys with a circle track race car, we were at a track testing a car we had just built, everything was going good, got it it up to speed, and something broke in front end, and it went straight head on into the wall between turns 1 and 2 at about 100mph. I was so scared running over to check on the driver that there was going to be a dead man, but he was awake. This was before all the safety stuff that was brought into the sport after Dale Earnhardt dying. He ended with with two broken ankles and many bones in feet broke, one legs broken, and lots of bump and bruises. Of course the car was destroyed, but I didn't have to call his wife and tell her to meet us at the morgue, just the hospital ER and that was bad enough. 

8.) What country do you want to visit the most? Australia, and after seeing Cory and Dean's trips to Peru, I want to go down there as well, but I need to get in better shape if I want to do that.

9.) Cats or dogs? Always been a dog person, have a Bernese mountain dog now, and love Golden retrievers

10) Describe yourself in 3 words. overthinker, NERM,

11) Pancakes or Waffles? Pancakes

12) What is your favorite song?  any classic rock by bands like Kiss, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Guns n Roses

13) What do you dislike most about the aquarium hobby, and why?  all the people who think that the way that they keep fish or do something is the only way. There's more than one way to skin a cat as the old saying goes.

14) What is your favorite TV show? Gold rush

15) What is your greatest fear?  my wife finding out how much I've actually spent in the hobby. When my son goes with me to club meetings, we have a talk on the way home of what is to tell his mom if she asks how much I paid for fish in the mini auctions we have, because she always asks what I bought, and wants to see. 

16) What is or was your favorite subject in school, and why? Shop class, I enjoy working with my hands, and building things. Now, I wish I would have paid more attention in biology and chemistry classes. 

17) Do you keep live aquarium plants? If so, what types? Yes, have a lot of differnt types, swords, crypts, anubias, val

18) Do you love or hate pest snails? I used to hate them, but they don't bother me anymore. Now, I just pick them out and feed my pea puffers

19) Do you enjoy gardening? Yes, I enjoy working outside growing plants and flowers, I would have a good size garden and grow a bunch of food, but summer and fall are my busy times at work, so I don't have the time right now to tend to the garden and then preserve the food, and my wife has no wanting to do it. 

20) What do you love most about the aquarium hobby? all the friendships I've made, I've met a lot of great people in the hobby.  Seeing families and kids wanting to get involved in the hobby.

21) What was the biggest mistake you've made so far in the hobby, and what has it taught you? Not planning out my "fishroom" I just started buying tanks on sale or cheap from garage sales etc and building stands or racks to hold them. My next room will be planned out with drain lines plumbed in, auto water change system. 

22) Burgers or Pizza? Both!

23) What is your favorite aquatic animal? I've always liked Orca, Killer whales. I grew up about an hour away from where there used to a Sea World in Ohio and we went every year. I was always amazed at the size and how cool they looked.

24) What is your dream tank or something you want to accomplish in this hobby? I would love to build a fishroom like what Cory has done, in a garage or something, probably about half the size, I would like to win Breeder of the year in my local club, but I am not a person who breeds a species and turns them in and sells to put another species in that tank. I like to breed them and raise the fry to adults and get them to spawn, so I'm not sure that will happen. 

25) Favorite candy? Reeses cups, and like them frozen or at least cold. 

26) What is your favorite book? any aquarium related, not much of a reader 

27) What other things do you do for fun outside of the hobby I enjoy woodworking, being outside, doing home improvement projects. Spending time with my kids fishing, riding four wheelers, watching Ohio State football. 

• Like 2