Nitrate test ?

Leo2o915

So did 3 test one was salifert which was light pink so around 10 to 15 ppm the coop one looks  to be in between 25 and the api confused if 25 or higher so confused it’s a 40 breeder with 10 small plecos and 6 rummynose tetras with a tidal 75 and a corner Matten filter with two sponge filters 

EDCC06B6-C05C-455C-8394-D297F8BB8B22.jpeg

10572BC4-C164-401C-B15C-CECF765E781B.jpeg

nitrate  kits are really bad for giving strange results just just something simple like shaking them wrong can mess with the reading

how are you doing the salifert test? and are you looking through the top or the side?

the api and coop look about 30 to me to.

I’ve tested the coop strips against a digital kit and seachem reagent kit and api liquid for 7 days straight. Trust your coop strips. They are accurate.  Consistency is key and those readings are all in the safe zone. My tap for 20 years starts at 25 average nitrate so until I started my ripariums my tanks all averaged 40. I have great fish health and fry survival. I drove myself crazy for years trying to see exact numbers. It’s not that important at those low levels. 

• Like 3

I agree with guppysnail. Most of the co-op muti-test strips are very good. Co-op nitrate pads are better than API liquid imo. The pH pad shows up a little lighter to my eye than expected from the colors on the label. But it's consistent so not a big deal once you're aware of it.

@Guppysnail what did you think of the GH pad? Mine turns pink between 150 and 300 ppm.

On 9/8/2022 at 6:28 PM, modified lung said:

I agree with guppysnail. Most of the co-op muti-test strips are very good. Co-op nitrate pads are better than API liquid imo. The pH pad shows up a little lighter to my eye than expected from the colors on the label. But it's consistent so not a big deal once you're aware of it.

@Guppysnail what did you think of the GH pad? Mine turns pink between 150 and 300 ppm.

Mine turns violet- hot purple a color not even remotely close to the color chart so I don’t know. My gh is well over 300 normally on api drops so I cannot give a fair assessment. I’ll run one tomorrow and take a picture vs api liquid for you. 

On 9/8/2022 at 3:47 PM, Guppysnail said:

Mine turns violet- hot purple a color not even remotely close to the color chart so I don’t know. My gh is well over 300 normally on api drops so I cannot give a fair assessment. I’ll run one tomorrow and take a picture vs api liquid for you. 

Oh well, if I had to pick one to be not as good as the others, it would be GH. It seems good at lower GH though.

• Like 1