Breeding shrimp using supplements

EmmaFish

The small bottle of aqueon shimp essentials is too expensive for the amount in the bottle, and the Seachem equilibrium was too expensive and its main ingredient was potassium sulfate...not too sure about that. I am going to try to get my neocaridina shrimp to breed again, and I heard that baking soda and epsom salt will elevate the GH and KH, but I'm not too sure that these give the shrimp the minerals they need. Is there a remineralizer that is really cheap out there that I can buy by the bucketful? Or should I instead try dosing calcium carbonate powder and magnesium sulfate powder in the water? What about the other minerals? I'm really confused about this all, I got these shrimp when and they bred for a few months then stopped. 

Edited by EmmaFish

I have hard water 7.6-7.8 ph. I add nothing to the tank but make sure they have tons of food. Veggies protein etc. a quality food is enough I use extreme wafers. occasionally I give them a zoomed nano spirulina block from aco for calcium and magnesium. 
Stability in parameters gh/kh/ph is best and all that stuff added to water makes it fluctuate. 
Tagging @JettsPapa our resident shrimp guy who has a great thing he wrote up for shrimp success.