Persistent ICH with possible secondary infection

procyg

Unfortunately even after quarantining my new additions for 3 weeks and not seeing any signs of infection or off behavior I still got ich in my 75 gallon after adding them.  I immediately started with raising the temp slowly to 83-84  and treating with ich x.  I started that last monday (7 days of treatments so far) and i dont think i am making a dent.  Looks like only my smaller fish, juvenile electric blue acara and my black neon and cardinal tetras are still showing spots but I am getting concerned about keeping the temp up that high for so long.  

i am also worried that the prolonged ich will lead to some secondary infections, i can see a little fin and tail issues on a few of the fish but hoping that once the ich is gone it will heal.  should i start with maracyn or wait until the ich clears up?

aq2.jpg

aq1.jpg

Ich cause massive electrolyte loss so  I would also add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table for 5 gallon that will add essential electrolytes and at that level it shouldn't harm your plants you can do a course of kanaplex in food feeding a small amount twice a day for 7 days while treating the tank with ick x as ich can cause secondary bacteria infection 

IMG_20220714_201326.jpg

Thanks. My well water has a decent amount of salt in it already so I don’t generally add more but I may have to.  

Lost the fist cardinal tetra last night so I am getting really concerned for the rest of the fish

i am changing 33% daily before adding 37 ml of ich-x.  I haven’t seen kanaplex before so will try to hit up my lfs and see if they have it

On 9/5/2022 at 7:29 PM, procyg said:

Thanks. My well water has a decent amount of salt in it already so I don’t generally add more but I may have to.  

Lost the fist cardinal tetra last night so I am getting really concerned for the rest of the fish

i am changing 33% daily before adding 37 ml of ich-x.  I haven’t seen kanaplex before so will try to hit up my lfs and see if they have it

Seachem makes kanaplex and focus you can get it off eBay or Amazon 

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1