Can I split anubias petite plant while in quarantine tank?

I was looking at the new Anubias nana petite plant and it looks loaded with leaves and roots. It looks like the rhizome is starting to grow in different directions. I received plants on Wednesday of this week. Gave them alum dip, rinsed them thoroughly and put them in dechlorinated water with Easy Green in quarantine tank.  Should I wait to split the plant up or can I safely separate it now? I don't want to stress the plants. 

Also want to know if I need to use a heater in the quarantine tank for my plants. I have Anubias Nana, Anubias nana petite and Water sprite.

Thank you.

Generally speaking it’s hard to judge without seeing it, however that being said, to answer your question of can you? it sounds like it would work. What I would personally do in this situation though is wait. I’m a set and forget kind of guy so if these are just gonna grow in the QT tank your in no rush, let them establish till they are good and healthy then propagate, if they are going on display or scape then I would split them, set them, feed them and forget them and watch the magic happen lol if the rhizome is going in different directions I would let it do it’s thing and make a fuller healthier stronger plant to split later when it’s at its peak chance of survival… 

On 9/3/2022 at 1:18 AM, CJs Aquatics said:

Generally speaking it’s hard to judge without seeing it, however that being said, to answer your question of can you? it sounds like it would work. What I would personally do in this situation though is wait. I’m a set and forget kind of guy so if these are just gonna grow in the QT tank your in no rush, let them establish till they are good and healthy then propagate, if they are going on display or scape then I would split them, set them, feed them and forget them and watch the magic happen lol if the rhizome is going in different directions I would let it do it’s thing and make a fuller healthier stronger plant to split later when it’s at its peak chance of survival… 

Thank you for the information, I'll take your advice and wait until the plant is in the aquarium and is better established and has grown out more. 

On 9/3/2022 at 6:43 AM, Tanked said:

It probably isn't necessary, but I I would follow @CJs Aquatics suggestion and wait until after the Anubias have adjusted to their new home before dividing.

Good advice, appreciate your impute. I'll wait and just let the magic happen, propagate later. Thank you so much.