Maybe a crack in my tank?

TeeJay

I think I  can feel a tiny crack in my tank. But I can't actually see it. I run my finger over it and feel it but that's it. If course it's all the way at the very bottom. Any suggestions on what I can do to figure it out? Do I drain it and check to be on the safe side. I'll include a pic but you can't see a dang thing. You can see it at the angle in the last pic

IMG_20220831_190005190.jpg

IMG_20220831_185903715_MP.jpg

IMG_20220831_190605605_MP.jpg

IMG_20220831_190933355_MP.jpg

Edited by TeeJay

Ok to make a long story short. I got a new ten gallon from the pet store and just did a tank swap. I just couldn't tell for sure. I knew I wouldn't sleep tonight if I just let it go until tomorrow. But I didn't even think to see if the tank stand was level. Going to go check that right now.

So in the old tank I can feel the crack from the outside but I can't feel it on the inside. I'll have to wait until I get home from work tomorrow to check it in the daylight. It was a used tank. It could have always been there and never noticed it before. 

On 8/31/2022 at 6:55 PM, TeeJay said:

So in the old tank I can feel the crack from the outside but I can't feel it on the inside. I'll have to wait until I get home from work tomorrow to check it in the daylight. It was a used tank. It could have always been there and never noticed it before. 

It was def. a crack. It might not have gone through the pane, but the issue with it was position (right on the edge / corner.

On 8/31/2022 at 9:36 PM, TeeJay said:

I got a new ten gallon from the pet store and just did a tank swap. I just couldn't tell for sure. I knew I wouldn't sleep tonight if I just let it go until tomorrow

Good move. Tank cracks are something I don’t experiment with or “wait and see”. 

Better safe than sorry. You can’t always be around. What if it gave out while you were at work or sleeping?

Those little lives depend on us. 🐠 🦐 🐌 

A few months ago I had a leak and everyone got moved out to a tote. The “aquarium stand” was made of cheap fiberboard (why do they do this?! - it’s dumb.) but painted somehow to look like it wasn’t, like a paint with a slight texture or something- and over time, you guessed it, it swelled. Then the stand wasn’t level anymore and ruined my tank. I replaced it with the Aqueon Forged (all metal). Which has a second shelf for a 5g tank.  (Soon.. 🙂)

I almost kept that stand and used it as an end table but then I figured I would eventually forget what happened and try to put another tank on it. So off to Goodwill it went.

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea