Cover for internal filter?

smm333

I bought this easy clean 3 gallon aquarium because I loved the look of it. I wanted a nice nano tank for least killifish. I have more plants on the way, and it is currently just cycling with a sponge filter from one of my other tanks in its built in filter area on the side. I want the least killi to breed, and the built in filter has slits for intake. Typically I put sponge over my HOB intakes. Anyone have any ideas on what I could use to cover this on the side? 

20220820_110001.jpg

On 8/20/2022 at 11:09 AM, smm333 said:

I bought this easy clean 3 gallon aquarium because I loved the look of it. I wanted a nice nano tank for least killifish. I have more plants on the way, and it is currently just cycling with a sponge filter from one of my other tanks in its built in filter area on the side. I want the least killi to breed, and the built in filter has slits for intake. Typically I put sponge over my HOB intakes. Anyone have any ideas on what I could use to cover this on the side? 

20220820_110001.jpg

The trouble I'm having is that the whole end is built in as a filter. I can remove the media through the top, but the filter box is a part of the tank. There's no way to wrap something around the intake. I could probably cut something to the size of the tank and put the bottom under the rocks, but I'm not sure how to keep the rest secured.