My ghost shrimp turned white

Janoš Bećar Pecaroš

One of my ghost shrimp turned white and looks kinda stiff and isn't moving much. It's been like this for 4 days. Water parameters look good, ph is 7.8, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate  5 to 10, kh 3°, gh 8-9°.  I'm doing 25-50% daily water changes, but it doesn't seem to help.

What else can i try, please help, I don't want to loose my shrimp?

I’m not certain but I think shrimp disease might be the same in ghost shrimp as they are in neocaridina. I have neos but never had ghost shrimp so I’m not certain but this may give you a starting point for research. Research muscular necrosis and milk shrimp disease.  Here is an article talking of both.  https://aquariumbreeder.com/understanding-dwarf-shrimp-diseases-and-parasites/

On 8/16/2022 at 11:00 AM, Ištvan Bećar Pecaroš said:

Thanks Guppysnail.

It might be milk shrimp disease, but I'm not sure. The shrimp is still alive and it looks the same.

How contagious is milk shrimp disease, is it dangerous for fish and snails?

Other than the link I sent you I really don’t know anything more about milkshrimp disease. I have never encountered it. I did encounter muscular necrosis. Removed those shrimp and had no further issues with my neos. 

Can you post a picture of your little one so our other ghost shrimp keepers can maybe help more?