How to clean this?

Cinnebuns

The top part of the inside of my tank has been getting gross. I have 4 female mystery snails laying clutches weekly so that may be contributing. I tried wiping it down with a paper towel but it didn't do anything. I'm wondering if it would be safe to wipe with vinegar. Maybe with 50/50 vinegar/water?  Any other ideas?  Ty

20220810_215413.jpg

I take mine outside and spray it with the hose every now and then. Let it dry in the sun, and it comes out looking so much better. 

It just occurred to me you are talking about the actual tank, I thought it was about the lid 😂

I don’t recommend taking the tank outside and spraying it with the hose lol

• Haha 2

On 8/10/2022 at 10:27 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I have a fish only sponge I use for stuff like that. Then do a WC after.  Razor blade might also work.

A lot of it is water stains not left over clutch so idk if a razor blade would work there. Would it?

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 9:24 PM, Cinnebuns said:

A lot of it is water stains not left over clutch so idk if a razor blade would work there. Would it?

My water is liquid rock.  I use the blue kitchen sponges and it works.  On stuff like the trim it's a pain.  On glass, The lid. I use the sponge or I'll use my glass scraper.  It works well enough for that limestone type of crust.

When it comes to something not glass, it's always annoying to clean!  This is why I get so annoyed at the lids not working well 😩 and why I have 3-5 suction cups to route an airline to the middle of the tank, LOL.

vinegar mighty work but generally it needs to sit for a while to work the scrubbing side of a sponge and elbow grease is always an option (a really not fun one lol) apparently you can use magic eraser/melamine in aquariums obviously make sure its has no fragrances and what have you hard water stains are a real pain my last tank had saltwater in it before i got it that was a nightmare.

• Like 1

I use vinegar for the inside trim of my tank, I get cyno in the back grove since adding airstones and vinegar does a great job on that. I drip it in and work it along with a paint brush then wipe with a paper towel.

I also use it to wipe away the lime deposits but they are very mild in my tank.

But to be clear I don't worry about the trace amounts getting into the water and no issues recorded.

On 8/11/2022 at 4:29 PM, Flumpweesel said:

I use vinegar for the inside trim of my tank, I get cyno in the back grove since adding airstones and vinegar does a great job on that. I drip it in and work it along with a paint brush then wipe with a paper towel.

I also use it to wipe away the lime deposits but they are very mild in my tank.

But to be clear I don't worry about the trace amounts getting into the water and no issues recorded.

Ok tyvm that's what I was hoping for!