My new ghost shrimp

Latishcia

This is a 5 gallon planted tank. 1 female betta, 1 golden mystery snail. I just got 5 ghost shrimp today. I drip  acclimate them for 2 hours before placing them into the tank. I'll know for sure tomorrow after work. Keep you posted on how they all are doing and getting along.... 

IMG_20220808_145333~2.jpg

IMG_20220808_145254.jpg

IMG_20220808_145300.jpg

IMG_20220808_145225.jpg

Edited by Latishcia
  • Like 2

i used to breed ghost shrimp if your thinking of doing that you will need 

to get guppy grass which they love java moss, wood like cholla wood, rocks, and black water and add some shells like you get from pest snails in fact getting a couple pest snails won't hurt and a assassin snail to keep the pest snail population down, keep your ph  at 7 to 8 do weekly water changes and you should be fine for breeding if you don't want to breed id still get above items for there health ps red root floater are another good plant to have in your tank Good Luck

On 8/8/2022 at 3:37 PM, patricia said:

i used to breed ghost shrimp if your thinking of doing that you will need 

to get guppy grass which they love java moss, wood like cholla wood, rocks, and black water and add some shells like you get from pest snails in fact getting a couple pest snails won't hurt and a assassin snail to keep the pest snail population down, keep your ph  at 7 to 8 do weekly water changes and you should be fine for breeding if you don't want to breed id still get above items for there health ps red root floater are another good plant to have in your tank Good Luck

Hi I don't want pest nails in my 5 gallon tank. I already have Christmas moss, Subwassertang and spiky Moss in my tank. They will grow with time. If they reproduce great. If not that's ok to. I also have a hide in there and driftwood. They should be fine. 

The update. They are doing well. But I seem to only see 4 at a time and not 5.. 😂... I'll keep checking. And my betta she see them and there fast and then she doesn't. It's funny to see them all together interact with each other. 

Edited by Latishcia